In 2014, we took an incredible four-year journey together.
As Ward 3 City Councillor, I was honoured to connect residents to your local government. Together, we invested in social housing. We stood up for civic rights. We pushed for economic justice. And we defended the environment.
Our Hamilton is about people, not insiders.
- Became the first city in Ontario to introduce an environmental Bill of Rights
- Licensed and regulated predatory payday loan businesses and supported Postal Banking options through Canada Post
- Invested over a million dollars in Social Housing including seniors housing along with bold partnerships with the Hamilton Community Land Trust and Indwell.
- Championed the campaign to Keep Transit Public
- Created a local Community Benefits Network to ensure our communities are getting shared value out of major infrastructure investments and urban development projects
- Established January 29 as the Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia, in response to the 2017 attack on the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec and 2016 attempted firebombing of Hamilton’s Ibrahim Jame mosque
We achieved a lot but there’s more work to be done. After careful consideration, I decided to seek election as Member of Parliament for Hamilton-Centre as your NDP candidate. Following in the honourable David Christopherson’s footsteps.
I’m not just asking for your vote, I’m inviting you to be a meaningful part of the political process. Together, let’s champion policies that put the delicate future of our ecology first, and the just transition of our workers at the centre of a fair economy.
Let’s create a world where no one is left behind.
Together, we can:
- Save our environment and tackle catastrophic climate change
- Restore dignified Affordable Housing
- Fight for Fair Economies
As a New Democrat, I am committed to ensuring the working-class values of our community continue to be well represented in Ottawa. In order to get there, I’ll need your support.
Your Friend and Neighbour,